Club Boat Hire Agreement
In order to hire a boat from Datchet Water Sailing Club, you must first read and accept these terms and conditions.
1. All hires must be paid for in full before use of equipment.
2. There is a no touch policy on the clubs equipment. We do not expect the boats to touch the concrete banks. Any damage sustained whilst in your hire period will be charge to you for repair.
3. Launching & recovery can be difficult depending on the wind conditions. If you need assistance please ask.
4. The concrete banks are very slippery so wear appropriate Watersports footwear at all times. No bare feet are allowed on site. Extreme caution should be exercised at all times adjacent to the shore.
5. It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure prior to launching, that the boat / board is in serviceable condition and that the following checklist is completed: Bungs are in; inspection hatches are secure; rudders, dagger/centre boards are attached and tied/wired on so they are not lost if you capsize. Losses will be charged for.
6. Allowing sails to flap/flog in the wind will result in damage. Try to ensure the jib in particular is fully furled when not in use.
7. No club boat shall be used when the wind is gusting above 20Kts
8. If any damage is done to the boat due to negligence the member will need to pay for this (I.e. hitting the pontoon very hard and the boat needing a firberglass repair.) Members must inform the office of these problems and pay for the required repairs. Failure to do so will result in a membership suspension.
9. Datchet Water Sailing Club cannot be held liable for any loss, damage or bodily injury howsoever caused , by usage of hired equipment or whilst undergoing activity either on or off the water, with or without instruction, unless directly causedby negligence of an employee.
10. Cancellation by member: If cancellations are received 7 days before a hire a full refund can be arranged. If the cancellation is received 3 days in advance the booking can be changed to another time by not refunded. After this period the booking cannot be changed even in adverse circumstances.
11. Cancellation by DWSC: If the conditions are not feasible on the day of the hire we will notify you on the morning and arrange a different time for the hire at your convenience.
12. Asymmetric Spinnakers: Please do not not use the spinnaker unless you have been properly trained. Incorrect hoisting/lowering of the spinnaker greatly increases the risk of damage to the sail, and incorrect use when hoisted may result in a loss of control over the boat.
13. I agree to abide by the rules outlined above, in addition to any club by-laws pertinent to my sailing.
14. I accept that the clubs insurance does not cover personal accident or injury to members, or damage to or loss of personal property; unless it can be shown that this was due to negligence. I understand that insurance against personal accident, loss or damage to personal property is my responsibility.
Last updated 12:37 on 7 August 2020