Club Boat Hire Agreement
To hire club boats all user must have:
- Current membership at DWSC.
- Appropriate experience for the conditions and equipment being hired, this will be at the discretion of the Sailing Manager or Senior Instructor in charge on the day of hire.
- Completed the induction process.
- Signed the declaration and agreed to the terms & conditions of hire.
Terms and conditions for Club Boat Hire.
1.All hires must be paid in full including a deposit before use of equipment.
2.No club boat /board shall be used when the wind is gusting above 20Kts.
3.Launching & recovery can be difficult depending on the wind conditions. If you need assistance, please ask.
4.The concrete banks are very slippery so wear appropriate Watersports footwear at all times. No bare feet are allowed on site. Extreme caution should be exercised at all times adjacent to the shore.
5.It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure prior to launching, that the boat/board is in serviceable condition and that the following checklist is completed: Bungs are in; inspection hatches are secure; rudders, dagger/centreboards are attached and tied/wired on so they are not lost if you capsize. Losses will be charged for.
6.Allowing sails to flap/flog in the wind will result in damage. Please ensure the jib is fully furled and mainsail is rolled when not in use.
7.Club boats/ boards should not touch the concrete banks, water towers, buoys, or any other boats. You will be charged for the repair of any damage sustained by doing so whilst in your hire period.
8.If any damage is done to the boat due to negligence the member will need to pay for this (I.e. hitting the pontoon extremely hard and the boat needing a fibreglass repair.) Members must inform the office of these problems and pay for the required repairs. Failure to do so will result in a membership suspension.
9.A £15 charge may be taken from the deposit if the boat is not put away neatly after use.
10. Datchet Water Sailing Club cannot be held liable for any loss, damage or bodily injury howsoever caused, by the usage of hired equipment or whilst undergoing activity either on or off the water, with or without instruction, unless directly caused by the negligence of an employee.
11. Cancellation by members for long-term hire: If cancellations are received 7 days before a hire a full refund can be arranged. If the cancellation is received 3 days in advance the booking can be changed to another time by not refunded. Cancellation by DWSC: If the conditions are not feasible on 20% of the days the boat is hired for, DWSC will not refund the cost of hire. If cancellation due to conditions is required on more than 20% of the hire day a refund/ reschedule can be arranged.
12. Cancellation by members for 2-hour/ day hire by member: If cancellations are received 2 days before a hire a full refund can be arranged. If the cancellation is received after this the booking can be changed to another time but not refunded. Cancellation by DWSC: If the conditions are not feasible we will notify you on the morning and arrange a different time for the hire at your convenience.
- I agree to abide by the rules outlined in the terms and conditions for Club Boat Hire, in addition to any club by-laws pertinent to my sailing.
- I accept that the club's insurance does not cover personal accident or injury to members, or damage to or loss of personal property; unless it can be shown that this was due to negligence. I understand that insurance against personal accident, loss or damage to personal property is my responsibility.
This declaration will need to be signed as part of the induction process.
Last updated 13:55 on 24 February 2021